Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earn money-Build an RF transmitter- schematic provided

Status
Not open for further replies.

arigold125

I need someone capable of build an RF transmitter for the Texas Instruments 83 calculator. I have the schematic for it, ( **broken link removed** ) so for someone that knows what theyre doing it would only be a matter of putting the parts together and testing to insure that it works. Obviously i am willing to pay for parts for the project and for the best offered price for the labor. If youre intrested email me at schmidtzen (at@) gmail (dot.) com. If you know a more appropriate place on the internet where i could post this request, also please let me know.

First problem I see is the bottom PCB layout is missing, along with other items. So it would have to be re-captured and re-done. So it is not
a matter of putting the parts on. Making two double sided boards is also not just putting parts on as well. Testing it will require making a tester or hacking some terminal device up, not as simple as putting parts on (unless the person building it has two of these calculators and the software)

If you have the top and bottom, you could build it yourself with a little
direction from this forum.

I went to the website. I see the top layer of the PCB, but not the bottom (the main PCB layer for your project).. So whoever wants to help you has to capture the schematic and generate the PCB layout all over (and make it fit in a calculator they probably do not own).

In other words, not everything needed is there. How many takers did you have on your project?? This is not a "would only be putting parts together and testing" project. Or maybe parts of the website were down when I looked.

Re: ?

arigold125 said:
wat the hecks a PCB layout? what other items are missing?
A PCB stands for a Printed Circuit Board.

A PCB layout in simplest terms is a set of lines on a sheet of translucent fibreglass. These lines are copper (or at least contain copper), and they conduct electricity. These lines are called "tracks".

These lines are arranged in such a way, that they follow the schematic of the circuit.

If any of the lines are set-up incorrectly, then the circuit will fail, and failures can go from improper output, to battery explosion, to a component overheating or explosion, etc.

PCB board

The site was down until now and the Bottom PCB layout for this project is now available ( **broken link removed** )

Additionally, I think its only making one board and using two premade boards.

1. **broken link removed**

2. **broken link removed**

I will supply the calculators if needed. please let me know if anything else is missing. Please email me at schmidtzen (at@) gmail (dot.) com if you are intrested.

William At MyBlueRoom said:
How much money?

Ok, I'm going WAY off topic now I guess, but are you suggesting that if the money is right, you are interested to design??? PM if so and we can talk... I'm looking to build a rather large modular system, and I can *definately* do with some extra hands, minds, and most of all knowledge - as I'm no expert...

savage (at) savage (dot) za (dot) org

--
Chris

PS: Hope the mods won't complain to much about this. And I'll give details about the project in private. 4 Stepper Motors are involved to work in sync as well as out of sync, MANY PICs, Loads of 7Seg Displays (anything from 4 to 7 digits), some audio... Anyone else able and willing, feel free to. It's time I get this thing off the ground...

OK, mstechca is doing a glossary.. And I still do not carry a speaker, battery or sharp knife with me when I go to a job. But I am sure MacGyver does. Maybe a paperclip would be a good tool too (I can get a CD out of a PC with it).

Blueroom asked the magic question.. How much money (mind you I would still ask, why would one want calculators to talk to each other in a room (and they will provide the calcs for the project) Cheat in class? No girl in the school will be impressed with this). But anyway, that is a good question. Sure the calculators are worth a couple bucks. Hold them until you get paid.

My big question... Did Nigel fall off the planet? Hope all is well with him.

can someone provide feedback as to why no ones particularly intrested and what would make this project more attractive?

Is there any power point slide show to teach the 8051 microcontroller? (AT 89s51/ 52 ) Interefacing LCD, ADC, SENSORS, MATRIX KEYBOAD ETC.., All the chapters from Mazidi Book

Tushar Gandhi
Gujarat, India

Why have you resurected a thread which is well over two years old, only to ask a totally unrelated question?

On a more positive note, try this from our own Ikalogic:

JimB

Maybe this forum needs a Close Thread tool, so when the user is satisfied with the given answers, or suddenly dissapears, the topic can be closed by an Administrator.

Originally Posted by JimB
Why have you resurected a thread which is well over two years old, only to ask a totally unrelated question?

This is one of my pet hates in forums and seems to be happening an awful lot recently

Last edited:
Actually, moderators and admin do have this facility anyway but they have more than enough to do than chase round after old threads closing them.

Sorry, this is a bit offtopic, last post on this thread:

You are right, its impossible for a (normal) human admin to do that :rolleyes:

Instead, what about providing the button for the user itself? I know the newbies will ignore it, even when they got their homework done... but better than nothing.

Also a "Fresh before: ______" date would be great, so the thread is alive for... I guess, 1 month? then is locked

Actually, auto expiry of threads after a few months might be beneficial.

If someone needs to resurrect a thread they can make a new one and link to the old for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back