EBay lot came with a few pcbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertdean

I bought an electronics componets lot off of ebay. Most of the parts appear to be new. In the lot came a few pcbs on one it is marked SHMOT996 and 1-94v-0, got 3 of these. The others are marked RDM062698 on one side and R2 1-94V-0 on the other, I got 6 of these. Does anybody know what these boards are for?

Any chance of some pictures? Or perhaps you could send a link to the auctions page. If you're in the UK, was it from 'mainline electronics' ?

I live in the US. The link to the acution is **broken link removed**, the green boards on the bottom are the ones marked RDM062698 and the ones on top of the green ones are the SHMOT996. I know that the picture is not the best. I tried to take a few, but did not come out very good. I will try to use the scanner at work and post those images.

Last edited:
Looks like RF stuff to me.... perhaps RF power transistors mounted on the PCB?

Ooh, actually, at the bottom, it mentions a RF power transistor

Its very unlikely you'll find out what these boards were for... if they have silk screen component printing on them, then you could knock up a crude schematic to show you which parts connect to which, if there is no silk screen, then its almost impossible to 'guess' by PCB footprints alone. Looks like surplus prototype PCB's....perhaps for RF (it its double sided and has LOTS of via's, and a ground plane, its likely to be high frequency.

But, seeing as how you got it in a lot, you could always just cut the PCB up for 'adapters', if there are SMT footprints on there, which are borken out to larger traces for wires.

Apologies for going out on limb about 'mainline electronics'..its jstu they were selling off populated PCB's, and I've been stripping them and researching all the parts lol

Good luck, and I'm sure those will find a happy place in your 'bits box' - I have a 'bits mountain'

Edit: the part number markings on the PCB rarely help in any way. They are usually jst a serial number system by the manufacturer for repairs/paperwork and the informaiton on them in rarely published on the web as there is no need...

Last edited:
I am not really planning on building these, but just more curious as to what they were for.

Attachments

• SHMOT996.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 155
  • SHMOT996-2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 164
  • RDM062698.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 187
  • RDM062698-2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 182
There's really no way to tell from looking at a naked PCB what is was used for.

Last edited:

No need to apologize for going out on a limb, at the point that you posted I hadn't set up where I was from. I got a small 'bits box' going now, but knowing myself I will probably have a full fledge 'bits mountain' of my own soon enough. I kind of got that when I tried to search using Google and nothing came up, but if you search now Google points to this fourm (and for a computer junkie like me I find it kind of cool). I was just curious to see if anybody knew what these were for.

My bits boxes are getting tackled currently. I currently have 16 sterilite 12x12x2-1/2 storage drawers which I just purchase 200 3x3x2" Kraft boxes to sort through all the misc bits I have in a tackle box and in two bulk bins that I've gotten from depopulated boards.

Learn to organize fast, and as early as possible or you'll never do it.

Thanks, that sounds like good solid advice that could be used for any number of things.

Yeah, I personally like the sterelite storage drawer system, as they're dirt cheap. The Kraft boxes +shipping was almost as expensive as 6 of the plastic drawers. They're sold here in 3 unit modular stacks. The boxes fit in in a 4x4 matrix, the last row you have to take the drawer out for but this is no big deal as removing any single box (which is easy) will allow you to slide the further back one up.

I got the kraft boxes from unline, 12 bucks for 100, they have lips on two sides and a lid, using a chopping board cutting the lips and lids off the lids make an absolutely perfect bin bottom to make the bottom flat and easy to pick things up from. And for 12 bucks per 100 it's nice.

I got the kraft paper boxes because the drawers are plastic, which is generally bad for electronics, cardboard actually makes a nearly ideal storage medium for electronics components as long as the ambient humidity is around 20-30% as it conducts electricity juuuuuuuuust right to avoid static buildup.

So as of right now, the two new units I bought will hold 96 bins, the remaining 10 drawers I'll have probably 4 as bin drawers, so I'll end up with 160 bins total at 3x3x2". Even I might have a hard time filling those up, at least with IC's and passive components.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…