Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EC103D SCR Thyristor equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbird

Hi, I haven't made anything electronic since my school days.

I really want a sound activated trigger for my photography flash gun so have taken up the challenge of making the sound trigger from the hiviz website. The thing is, being in the UK, the postage comes to as much as the parts.

I have managed to source all the parts here though, but one component costs £2.50 each here in the uk for something costing only 50 cents in the US, and I need 3!

The part in question is the EC103D SCR Thyristor

What I was wondering is how do I go about finding a different component that would do the same job, for a more reasonable sum of money?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

So not knowing what parts might be cheap in the UK, I suggest doing a Google search for SCRs with a similar rating (sensitive gate, 0.8A, 400V), and/or look at what similar devices are available at UK suppliers such as Maplin. Devices with a higher voltage and/or current rating should be ok for your purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back