Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECG application

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenjk09

Hi,

Can anyone explian to me how the ECG Front End Work?

I understand that
-INA326 supply the gain of 5.
-ADS8321 is an ADC.
-A1 and A2 is reject 50/60-Hz noise.
-those capacitor parallel to resistor is cancels resistor noise.

I would like to understand the circurt
Please help me
Thanks

Attachments

• ti.pdf
    104.6 KB · Views: 182
A1 and A2 are DC-coupled so they cancel DC and all low frequencies which are called common-mode (the same interfering signals on both inputs).
The instrumentation amplifier has common-mode rejection much better than you can make with your own opamps and resistors.

Most of the capacitors create negative feedback in an opamp which makes a lowpass filter.

Is there and band pass filter in the circuit?
A bandpass filter is a lowpass filter that cuts off high frequencies and a highpass filter that cuts off DC and very low frequencies.
There are a few lowpass filters but since there are no coupling capacitors (the circuit is completely DC-coupled) then it has no highpass filters.
Maybe the A to D converter is programmed to be a highpass filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back