EE-SX460-P1 (Photomicrosensor) - how to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNobody

Hi guys,
I've been trying for sometime now to get the result as per the result shown in the datasheet.

In the first page of the datasheet, it said that the HIGH level should be at least 4.5V and LOW level is 0.3V. However, I only managed to get HIGH level of 1.5V.

In my testing, I connect V terminal to 5V, G terminal to 0V and I measure voltage between O terminal and G terminal.

Since I cannot get the result as specified in the datasheet, there is a possibility that I've connected the sensor in the wrong way. Can somebody please advice me how to get the correct result as shown in the datasheet..?

Thanks.

I guess you missed connecting a 1 or 2.7KΩ resistor between 'OUT' and VCC.

Measure the output voltage directly at 'OUT'. It should be close to 4.5V at VCC=5V when the TX-RX line of sight is broken and ~0.5V if there is no obstruction between TX and RX.

Boncuk

I've been trying to find the circuit but couldn't find it. Can you please show me the circuit in the datasheet or explain to me how I can know whether to put resistor or not..? Thanks.

Hi,

here is the circuit to be used for a high or low output depending on input.

Resistor R1 is calculated based on Uf (forward voltage) =1.2V and If (forward current) = 9.74mA.

Check for final data with your data sheet.

Formula: R1=+UB (5V)-Uf (1.2V)/If (9.74mA=0.00974A)

Leave R2 at 1K for low collector current (~4.3mA).

Boncuk

Attachments

• IR-TX-RX.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 866
Last edited:
I've been trying to find the circuit but couldn't find it. Can you please show me the circuit in the datasheet or explain to me how I can know whether to put resistor or not..? Thanks.
I commend you for reading the data sheet, but sometimes they are a little cryptic. Sometimes you have to read a little between the lines.

This data sheet makes the assumption that, stating the maximum output current (16mA) and showing the schematic with a transistor grounded-emitter open-collector output, the designer will know that a resistor needs to be added between the supply voltage and the collector to provide a load and keep the maximum transistor current below 16mA for the supply voltage used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…