Egg Incubator Turner Motor Circuit :::: Need Help PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

harith.altaei

Dear all
Good day

Kindly i need help for a 12V DC circuit for an Egg Incubator Turner Motor, a (Timer) that activate the DC motor for 15 seconds every 4 hours, and learn how to change the time accorcing to change the components if i need to do that.

hi,
actually i didn't understand it clearly because i don't have a big experience with the electronic circuits, but i all i need is a timer circuit for a dc motor for the egg turner, (a simple dc motor not a servo motor).

and the circuit should let the motor work one direction every 4 hours for only 10 or 15 seconds.

i will be very thankful if you can help me with that circuit please.

hi,
A 555 timer will not be able to to time upto 4 hours.

You will need a 555 for a basic oscillator driving divider IC, the output of the divider would trigger a 555 wired as a Monostable that would give a 10 to 15 second pulse very 4 hours.

Are you able to buy IC's locally or do you have any on your work bench.??

my idea was build two circuits, one is a trigger give a pulse every 4 hours and the second circuit when get the pulse give power to the motor for 15 seconds
is that right?

but i don't know how to build the circuits.

How precise are the timings? Is 15 Seconds a critical factor for running the motor?

Will you accept " ... activate the DC motor for about 15 seconds over an interval of about 4 hours ..."

Because 15 secs clock from a 555 divided by 7 D flip flops will give you 14400 seconds = 4 hours.

Ramesh

How precise are the timings? Is 15 Seconds a critical factor for running the motor?

Will you accept " ... activate the DC motor for about 15 seconds over an interval of about 4 hours ..."

Ramesh

Hi,

thanks for the reply, what do you mean by About 15 seconds and About 4 hours?

This should do the trick.

One potentiometer allows adjustment of the timer period from ~0.7hrs to ~7hrs. A second pot adjusts the motor run time from ~ 3sec to~30sec. The FET (M1) type would depend on the stall current draw of the motor but is not critical. It should be an N-channel MOSFET with a low (< 50mΩ) Rds(on) rating and a Vds max rating > 20V. Note that one CD4093 IC contains all four gates U1a-d. Both ICs are static-sensitive so due precautions should be taken when handling them. The FET could be replaced by a relay plus driver transistor.
Depending how your turner mechanism is constructed you may need to add limit switches.

sorry for bothering you

did you draw this circuit?
and what is the best software to use please?

hi,
I drew the circuit and Simulated its operation using LTSpice.

LTSpice is a freeware simulation program from the web.

Also join the free Yahoo LTSpice user group for tutorials and examples.

**broken link removed**

E.

hi,
I drew the circuit and Simulated its operation using LTSpice.

LTSpice is a freeware simulation program from the web.

Also join the free Yahoo LTSpice user group for tutorials and examples.

**broken link removed**

E.

Thanks for your support, i will download it and try the circuit and i hope i wont bother you but i think i will have another questions

thanks

I'm trying to draw the circuit in the Circuit Wizard but i am facing a problem with the components and missing pins with the same IC number ?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…