ekg project

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_r_shah

am preparing a prototype of a wireless EKG. The instrumentation amplifier I am using is ad 620 and certain TI INAs.I am currently tryig to find which one will provide me with a better frequency response.

Thereafter we plan to use a DSP processor like TMS 320 or MCUs like ADuc842 for digital filtering.

We are thinkin of using either Bluetooth or Zigbee for the wireless transmission

The final signal acquiring and display is planned through a suitable virtual instrumentationSoftware.

The problems we are currently facing are:

1) The ICs we have are in SOIC packages and leadleass packages.We are facing problems in their soldering and to use them on a bread board.We would like to get a better method for usage of ssuch ICs.

2) The VI software we are using is LabView and CVI. But LabView is the only one we know with real times signalacquiring capability.We would like to get an idea of similar software which are easily available.

This was my solution to using a SOIC package on a breadboard. I just drew it in Eagle and etched it, took about 1 hour total.

Mike.

Last edited:
That's a scary looking board, I tend to get a bit scared when I venture above 18 pins.

That board looks like it still wouldn't be usable on a breadboard. I tend to use breadboards a lot. Here's a pic of my current project, should get PCBs in about 1 week and the software will be complete when they arrive. Some people on here state that BBs are not very reliable, this is true when you build a ratsnest, build them well and they work fine.

Mike.

Last edited:
Nice breadboard layout - but I can't help thinking it would have been faster to just build it on Veroboard?, and you wouldn't need a PCB then because it's a complete useable design.

Anyway, I never use breadboards!

Nice looking layout Mike. My BB circuits tend to not look quite as neat However I usually just use the BB for proof of concept and to test and learn how a specific chip(s) works.

Solderless breadboards work fine for most applications. Where you can run into problems is with higher frequency RF circuits. That is where lead length and ground loops can cause problems and even if it works it doesn't mean you won't have problems when and if you transfer the circuit to PCB. RF circuit layout can be quite tricky and without the proper test equipment can be difficult to debug.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…