Electret Mic - EM-54FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilf

Hi, I got a bunch of electret mics from ebay.
The box says EM-54FP and also QC1, which doesn´t really look like it´s part of a serial number, maybe batch number or some'at.
has some basic info on the box like dB sensitivity, resistance .
It would be good to konw a bit more about them anyway, if anyone knows where I can find a datasheet it would be great!
Thanks
Wilf

The microphones might be made for cheap toys by a "no-name-brand" Chinese company.
They might be rejects from a name-brand company.
Who knows what you bought?

yes, thats absolutely true Guru!
Still can´t find any listing for them on the interweb, so I´ll assume they´re going to be crappy no-brand stuff.
Still, they cost €5 for 100, and if they sound to bad for my current project, I can think of plenty of things to play around with that´ll keep me entertained with them.
Wilf

I have heard very expensive electret mics and very cheap ones and if they are not rejects then they sound the same.
You might need to test each one and throw away the bad ones.

Probably THIS is what you're after.

rgds,

/tri-comp

Attachments

• EM-54F_54FP.pdf
    335 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:
The very cheap Chinese mic might be sensitive or it might not be.
It might produce high audio frequencies or it might not.
It is el-cheapo. Much better ones are sold at low prices.

I think it is a bad copy of an obsolete better mic.

EDIT:
I figured it out.
The Chinese company doesn't make anything. They just collect and sell rejects form the original company. RadioShack did that in Canada. They are gone now.

Last edited:
Tandy (the UK division of Radioshack) did that here too, they are also gone.

I agree, it looks like a cheap Chinese crappy mic used in throwaway children's toys.

My advice is to get a better one unless you want to use it in an application where quality isn't important like an AM radio or a sound operated switch.

thanks

Ok - thanks for the help guys
It´s nice to have the datasheet for that, whatever the sound quality is like!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…