Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Shock- help me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.knownothing

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum and I am very happy that I found it.
When I was searching for electric shock gadgets, I thought it would be great if I could make my own. Unfortunately I don't know anything about eletronics, only the basics.(i can't wait to go on college next year,electrical engineering major). So I want to make one that will be powerfull enough(and simple) to give me a strong sensation

I would be grateful if you could provide me with some ideas of how to make one.

mr.knownothing said:
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum and I am very happy that I found it.
When I was searching for electric shock gadgets, I thought it would be great if I could make my own. Unfortunately I don't know anything about eletronics, only the basics.(i can't wait to go on college next year,electrical engineering major). So I want to make one that will be powerfull enough(and simple) to give me a strong sensation

I would be grateful if you could provide me with some ideas of how to make one.

Welcome to the board! Congrats on EE choice.

Try searching the forums here. you will find lots of related threads to make shock gadets. Also google for them, you will find lots of reference designs many with schematics. Try your hand at building on first and if you have issues come back and post your woes... lots of eyes on here willing to help.

Also, dont make one that connects to mains - too dangerous to fool around with.

To start, Let me introduce you to a component, a capacitor.

It has the ability to store power for a short period of time.

Here is a shocking experiment for you to prove it.

Take a 3V lithium cell and connect +ve to the +ve end of the capacitor, and the -ve end to the -ve end of the capacitor.

After a minute, disconnect it. Now take a kitchen knife (or a long metal piece that conducts electricity.

Now take the capacitor, put the first lead (connection point) on the knife, and the moment the second lead touches the knife, you will see a spark.

Basically, the capacitor acts as a battery, and you are shorting it. Every minute that it is shorted is every minute it loses power. So you need to repeat the entire process if you want another spark.

For more power, replace 3V with 9V. For beginners, I don't recommend higher than 3, because anything too high can be harmful to the body.

Also, the above steps can deliver alot of current (at least in amps).

Thank you , Finally I start to know something, I knew what the capacitor does, but I didn't know how to use it and now I can say "wow how simple"

Iam so happy with this inf, if more people volunteer to educate me I will be ready for college by August.

Now, I need something that will trigger this impulse and again recharge the capacitor

Also, I did research but could not find essential articles( I'll keep looking)

MStechca,
Do you get burnt from a big spark if you touch the contacts of a 9V or 12V battery to your skin???
Can you even feel a tingle of a shock from only 9V or 12V on your skin???

How about getting a spark or a tingle on your skin from a capacitor charged to only 9V or 12V???

large caps shouldnt be "shorted out" as they may get damaged. Always discharge dangerous caps with a high watt resistor of a suitable value.

I am a little bit dissapointed, I read so many articles on my topic but could not understand what you were guys talking about. I don't even know how the transistor works, and you talk about parts such as 555, coils ....(it's so difficult for uneducated person)

Please I really want to give an electric shock myself, If you could give me a list of parts needed and a simple schematic.

Hi,

Suggestion #1: Ignore all mistakeca posts.
Suggestion #2: Search before you ask!! There are LOTS of posts in this forum on the project youre interested in. Such as these: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/simple-lie-detector.40/[/url]

I have seen those posts, and i didn't understand certain parts of the schematics but now I decided to gather all the required parts and try to assemble it. It's good that the first schematic has a list of all parts.
If I encounter any problem, I will let you know guys

akg,
that's why I am here
I also have a hope that God will show me the right way

Actually the simplest shockers are piezoelectric strikers, taken out of any "button" ignition cigarette lighter. That's what goes into shocking pens and such. Not really an electronic project.

The other thing, which was used before piezo devices, is charge up an inductor with even a 1.5v battery and then take the power off. An inductor resists changes in current and pushes out high voltage on the 2 terminals. Note you can't leave the battery on the inductor though, it's a short. You just brush past it as quickly as possible.

There's a way to do this continuously, where a relay's coil is hooked up so that when it energizes the coil the contacts will disconnect power from the coil. The device will just "buzz" at high speed. The inductance of the coil's kickback will shock you off of that/

Oh and be careful whith pepole that have hart problems.My schocker can deliver quite a shock.(Especialy from a big batery or a series of baterys)

And never hold one output with left hand and one whith right.This makes curent go trough the hart and this is dengerus.Alwas toch whith two points on the SAME hand.

Just dont want soeone to get killed.

Whith a big trasformer it may be more powerful than you think.

Heh, thank you very much for your patience and willingnes to help me. I can not wait to have it done.

I decided to attempt this one:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/simple-lie-detector.40/[/url]
If you could just tell me what is going on around the "D2" on this schematic. The letters:c,b and e .

Now, I am waiting for parts to come :)

Search for "TIP31 datasheet". The PDF will tell you which pins on the case are the c, b and e (collector, base, emitter). Then just put it in the correct way. It is there simply as a power amplifier, to supply the needed current to the transformer primary which the 555 cannot by itself. D2 is there to absorb the high voltage spikes produced when the transormer primary is switched off (lots of people have mentioned this effect). Did you manage to find the 1k-200k transformer, not many people have been able to :?:

Yeah, I am one of those many people who could not find the transformer.
I was able to find 1K-20K only.
Do you think it will work fine with the one I found?
Thanks

mr.knownothing said:
Yeah, I am one of those many people who could not find the transformer.
I was able to find 1K-20K only.
Do you think it will work fine with the one I found?
Nope. The transformer you found will not make a high voltage in the circuit.

That transformer will work if you do what Dr. EM did in the other thread:
"I used a variation on this circuit to generate 4000v. It uses just a 1k-20k transformer and a voltage multiplier."

The 1k-200k transformers are available from Digikey as audio transformers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back