Electrical Drawing program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussain

Hey guys ,,

I'm senior student in electrical eng. I need a program that can help me to draw any electrical circuits that might have power transformer , generators , motors ...etc in addition to any electronic circuit.

SO ???

Any one have such program ???

5Spice Analysis

I use 5Spice Analysis, a freeby restricted version. All components can be represented by a set of equations, or Spice models. It is (or is'nt) simply a matter of loading your component model into your simulators library, and bunging it into your virtual circuit.

this is a similiar post to another one.For simulators there is Multisim(doubt it has motors).Else there is proteus(it is also a simulator).

A good free program if you are using Linux (it is also available for other operating systems but I do not know if a free version is available there) you can install Eagle--a Cadsoft program--that has a rather extensive library of parts and lets you draw schematics, do a board layout and do a remarkably good PC layout. I just installed this on an old computer that I installed Ubuntu Linux on. Works very well.

The good thing about Eagle is that it immediately synchronises SCH and PCB. But it's based on commands and scripts and this freaks me out.

I was just told about kicad. Open source multi-platform. I pulled it, but have not installed it. A friend said it is very good. I doubt I will dump Eagle for it, but never know once I load it.

I was just told about kicad. Open source multi-platform. I pulled it, but have not installed it. A friend said it is very good. I doubt I will dump Eagle for it, but never know once I load it.

Hi Mike,
I've also heard about kicad... my sentiments exactly! (I may have downloaded it.... ) Do keep us posted... if you do install it let us know how it works...

Hey Mike,

Will do. I have a relative that does my PCBs for me. He said he will load it and tell me if it is any good. Does auto placement and no board limits, so a couple of nice things over the Eagle. The friend that told me about it wrote a program, he does his schematic, run his optimize, then make the PCB. He said the auto routing is very slow in KiCad.

Will let you know, Eagle issue for me is board size (free version), limited libraries on MCUs and the weird RPN selecting of things. But it works well otherwise.

Have you checked out ATP-EMTP? It has gens, motors, power xfmrs. You can get it for free, you just might have to jump through some hoops. Ask a prof about it to get started. It is especially helpful to find a guru when you're getting started with this tool.
What kind of analysis are you looking for? time-domain, power-flow?

DexterLB , thanx a lot ... but the " Proteus " is " DEMO " version . . . the activities are limited . . .

speyman , I'm trying to draw some schematic circuits for power circuits like where I have power transformer , contacts , motors , ammeter , variable resistance . . etc .. .

if someone knows good link for free downable prog ,

please share it with us ...

i have been using DipTrace now for a few years to do multi layer 2000+ pin/pad schematics and circuit boards - super simple - great instructions/guides and even yahoo user group.

has great freebie version, plus several levels of full blown - but all very inexpensive for what you get.

Try these

Tinycad
or
Smartdraw

Hello
I tried KiCad its a little complicated to use and I am not having much luck with it. I do use a free Version of Eagle that one is easy enough to use.
another good one is a free version of DipTrace, its is limited like Eagle but not as much.
gogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…