electrokenetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

aja996

hey, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any sort of way to propel objects from a distance(not loading them into something.) I bought a schematics book but it turns out it meant that it was firing projectiles, not energy. I was thinking the same principle as the airzooka(.com if you want to find out more)it fires airball anad can knock over small things like a paper cup.
I have looked into perhapa an ion source but thought that it would only charge the object
thanks a lot,
max

If you have enough time, money, and power there might be possibilities. This is basically RR's Star Wars, or Strategic Defense Initiative. After spending billions on research, the smart money is on smart rocks and brilliant pebbles.

so then I guess the answer is no? I thought if you applied the same principle of propelling a projectile throught the air using opposing magnetic fields to send a wave.

This might be practical over short distances. It takes incredible amounts of power to move things at a distance. As an experiment take a pair of bar magnets and see how close you have to get them to "feel" the pull. The result should be on the order of a couple of centimeters. At a couple of meters you need way more field strength to "feel" the pull. You can repeat the experiment with a latern battery, a nail and a spool of wire and the bar magnet.

The SDI guys were trying to effect an ICBM at thousands of miles. The result of the research on directed energy beams and electro magnetic stuff was that you needed to put a "large" nulear reactor in orbit. Given the comotion over the nuclear reactor on the Cassini mission to Saturn, putting TMI(Three Mile Island) in orbit just did not resonate with the good citizens here.

If your question is, "Can I create a field and have it move without losing strength" then the answer is that it is not possible. Any field that you create gets weaker as you move away from the power source. This is true for gravitation, the electo-magnetic force, the weak force, and the strong force.

The only counter example I can think of is the force between two quarks when you try to pull them apart. That force gets stronger which is why there are no isolated quarks.

Think linear motor like the trains that hover above the track. I think I saw where they got a rocket moving that way in WW2. On a small scale, you can shoot a small magnet rod out of a relay coil if it is in the right start position and polarity. It won’t go very far but it will give you the idea.

There are a number of big nuclear reactors in orbit that the Soviets used in their spy satellites. They didn't mess with solar panels. We only found out about their presence in recent years and they've never really been publicly discussed. Scary stuff.

Actually the problem with SDI was not really one of getting enough power. At the time, there was no laser technology which could do what we needed. Alternatives were rail guns or anti-missile missiles. But when you think about it, we still haven't gotten the kinks out of even destroying lower speed SCUDs with artillery or missiles. The technology wasn't there at the time.

Anyways SDI never had any plans to shove missiles from a distance with a mystical force. Burn them with lasers or some type of charged particles maybe, but Yoda never taught us the ways of The Force. Magnetism cannot be focused over a distance like that, and we don't even have a hypothetical way to mess with gravity.

Oznog said:
Magnetism cannot be focused over a distance like that, and we don't even have a hypothetical way to mess with gravity.

Have you ever read about the "gravity tractor" for diverting asteroids? it basically involves sticking a mass near something else.

But that's still not 'messing with gravity', just exploiting a property of it - and it's only theoretical (although there's little doubt it would work, with a large enough spacecraft nearby for long enough).

even if you could build one for a penny, what would you do with the electromagnetic field created?
rs1

I've known a few isolated quarks. Most of them had BO.

i never done work at quark level, literature and books by quantum phycicists say that at quantum levels the magnetic force is insignificant when conpared to the force ...sorry darth was whispering in my ear ...weak force that is, really this accounts for us not being pulled to the center of the earth because the weak force is much stronger however at Newtonian levels where is where we operate metals and bones and skin are subject to the gravitational force and our electronic equipment certainly is vulnerable.
am talking energizing a csx train loaded with 100 cars of freight at speeds of 150 mph
I've heard talk of magnetic drives acheived by mastering the shift of light and that sort of stuff. but if velocity can be acheived to sufficient speed i would only need the force field only to transfer that energy to an object so that it aquires speed.
The human need for speed ...
stil it seems to me that shielding the electromagnetic pulse to prevent damage to nearby equipment may be a concern ... I do not know enough about the subjet, just seems like it.
thanks for lending an ear.
rs1

So how far away is the train from the thing that produces the field? Answer, a couple of centimeters.

Right. But that means no friction, only wind resistance. With push and pull magnetism ( linear motor ) they can get it over 100 MPH maybe better acceleration than a diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…