Electromagnetic Weft Insertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

suganthan

Hi!
I'm a textile engineering student. But In my final year project I have some electronics part. I humbly request your help in this.

I'm developing a module which is useful in our field(Weaving). Here a projectile which is used to inject yarn(some thing like a string or thread) is forced forward by induction
mechanism controlled by switches and sensors.

The whole article is :https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/03/51_19_67.pdf

In that article goto page 2 figure2. I have attached that cct diagram. The
controller part is shown as A.

Now the requirement is:

I don't know the of calculating the values of resisters and capacitors.
My friends suggest me testing for trial and error detection method.

I need to know about the Suitable IGBT and drivers and if possible the markets where they are available.

May I get Any help?

Thankyou!

Attachments

• EWI.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 169
Hi!
I have analyzed your diagram and paper.Its kind of hard to understand the operation. I think there are two inputs (manual on/off using dip switch and sensor inputs). These two inputs controls the high voltage path throuh an IGBT. That messy controller part is not clear. Give it up. You go for a sequential cct design. I have a rough state diagram in mind. If you are still there send a reply. I'll send you the state diagram. Anyway you have to study something about Sequential ccts, Flipflops,K-maps,etc. Then Its easy.

As for the IGBT part, you have to request in the "part request" section. I'm not familiar with IGBTs. But I would suggest a Relay. In that case I can help you.

Sorry for late reply. And congrats that you are doing some electronic projects.

Thanks Bavananth for ur consideration
I m also tring to Simplify that messy part.If u sent ur rough state diagram, it wl be a great helpful for carry on my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…