Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunz1159

People can any one make me a circuit of an simple electronic clock and its components required please ? ? ? ? make sure it works > > > >

How do teachers prevent students from simply copying a clock circuit or asking on a forum for one when the students are asked to design a digital clock?

you saying about signal injector or an actual clock?

How do teachers prevent students from simply copying a clock circuit or asking on a forum for one when the students are asked to design a digital clock?

No sir i'm not actually a student in a collage as u think. I'm a guy finished diploma in electronics and more eager to know about electronics. So i thought to make a circuit. Keeping on making circuits help me to design a circuit of my own as i think.

No sir i'm not actually a student in a collage as u think. I'm a guy finished diploma in electronics and more eager to know about electronics. So i thought to make a circuit. Keeping on making circuits help me to design a circuit of my own as i think.

So having a diploma in electronics and you cant even design a simple counter circuit?

You can do this with 74 series ics, ( I'd say doing it with a processr/pic is out of the question as it is too advanced for you but would be easier......)

I'll give you a clue, There are 60 mins in an hour, 60 secs to a minute, if you took a 50hz oscillator and dicide that by 50, that would give you one pulse per second...

Set a counter to advance by one count per second until it reaches 59 at which point it pulses another counter that counts upt to 59, so now we have a counting sequence that will count up to an hour...Does this help?

I'll leave the display function up to you to resolve or if some other helpful type wants to pitch in.....

I'm going to go and hide now, so I dont receive a beating for the assistance I've given you :p

Last edited:
So having a diploma in electronics and you cant even design a simple counter circuit?

You can do this with 74 series ics, ( I'd say doing it with a processr/pic is out of the question as it is too advanced for you but would be easier......)

I'll give you a clue, There are 60 mins in an hour, 60 secs to a minute, if you took a 50hz oscillator and dicide that by 50, that would give you one pulse per second...

Set a counter to advance by one count per second until it reaches 59 at which point it pulses another counter that counts upt to 59, so now we have a counting sequence that will count up to an hour...Does this help?

I'll leave the display function up to you to resolve or if some other helpful type wants to pitch in.....

I'm going to go and hide now, so I dont receive a beating for the assistance I've given you :p

Hellow sir,

Actually its too hard for me to understand these concepts. But i do have some doubts.
1.How to program a PIC controller?

simple way
- buy the clock
- open the clock
- copy the circuit
- do some research
- remake the circuit
- and finish

or

increase your electronic knowledge :)

I am completelty bewildered by your suggestion.....

How does buying a clock, copying the cct and remaking it help in any shape or form of understanding basic counting circuits?

Unless the op goes back to basic electronic principles, how can he be expected to learn?
Suggesting he learns about pic micro controllers is just information overload and is far from constructive in terms of educating people...

I am completelty bewildered by your suggestion.....

How does buying a clock, copying the cct and remaking it help in any shape or form of understanding basic counting circuits?

Unless the op goes back to basic electronic principles, how can he be expected to learn?
Suggesting he learns about pic micro controllers is just information overload and is far from constructive in terms of educating people...
he doesnt want to learn anything about electronic , right ?

so i gave him the simple way

about the pic :

i just telling him what he want :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back