Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic fly swatter need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blva888

Hello Every one. I am wondering if any one has a schematic of an electric fly swatter, or how to build one.

Heres an interesting one which uses a cockroft-walton voltage doubler and a flourescent tube ballast!

**broken link removed**

Heres an interesting one which uses a cockroft-walton voltage doubler and a flourescent tube ballast!

**broken link removed**

I've looked at that. but that thing is AC powered and would nock you on your butt or just kill you.

I am a newbee to electronics and looked every where on the internet for a schematic from the fly swatter. Any more help would be great and thanks for your help who replied to me.

Isnt that the whole idea??? Or are you from PETA and you just want to slap the flys on the hand and ask them nicely to leave?

I just got done "upgrading" mine(I put in a much bigger cap). I took a few pictures while i was there.

Attachments

• flystop.jpg
    flystop.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,775
  • flysbottom.jpg
    flysbottom.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 1,124
Hi,
If the case is that your friends are giant flys, and its THEY whom you are trying to zap, this wont harm them due to the "skin effect" which causes high frequency current to stay near the surface of a conductor.

cjk2 Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got done "upgrading" mine(I put in a much bigger cap). I took a few pictures while i was there.

cjk2 do you have a schematic for that board you posted? could you send it to me blva888@yahoo.com

Sorry I never drew one. You could make one yourself just off the pictures I posted. Ive already labeled some of the board for you... Its really just a self resonant circuit like what is found in a camera flash. It just drives a multiplyer and charges a cap to about 600v. Its really quite simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back