Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic gate sytem

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_thunder

..i already had vb6 code that linked to a database..i had also barcode scanner..
..i want to connect a door locker/unlocker with the use of motor...i plan to interface it to vb6 code through a parallel port..my question is this, how to code this to vb6 so that every time the scanner scans the bar code the motor will rotate?

..i already had vb6 code that linked to a database..i had also barcode scanner..
..i want to connect a door locker/unlocker with the use of motor...i plan to interface it to vb6 code through a parallel port..my question is this, how to code this to vb6 so that every time the scanner scans the bar code the motor will rotate?

hi,
This link has VB5 source code for controlling the PC parallel port.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/blogs/ericgibbs/122-pc-parallel-port-using-vb5.html

Have you written the VB program for the bar-code scanner.?

Have you written the VB program for the bar-code scanner.?

i have here already a barcode reader..
then i also have vb6 program connected to ms access2003..i tried to store info to database though vb6 and i made it...
my question is this, how can i use the barcode reader to search the information stored in ms access database?

Last edited:
-by the way, how to make DLL's for Parallel port interfacing to PC?

hi,
You can use the two 'dll's in that link I posted, no need to write your own. There are a number of parallel port dll's available on line.

Unable to offer help with database/access2003.

sir ericgibbs,
regarding your project linked above, i would like to ask if it is possible to set a timer so that i can control the time of rotation of the motor?
how to code this in VB6?
thaNKS>>>

sir ericgibbs,
regarding your project linked above, i would like to ask if it is possible to set a timer so that i can control the time of rotation of the motor?
how to code this in VB6?
thaNKS>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back