Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Ignighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fighterdion

Hey Guys,

I'm starting with making my own model rockets (100% legally) but I'm already pissed about buying new ignighters every time. I need a device that can electronic ignight rocked fuel capsules.

**broken link removed**
this is a picture of what kinda fuel I'm using

please explain me how i can make this ignighter

Yours and thanks,

Dion

I think you are asking for a way to build a device that will ignite the motor with out being destroyed. I suspect that is a very hard task.

Don't these motors come with little igniter wires? Are you complaining about the cost of the igniters? I believe they are just nichrome wire. You could buy your own wire and make them yourself. Probably pretty cheap. Google will find a nichrome wire table that will tell you current and temperature for each gauge of wire. It should be a simple task to put together a controller.

I think he is a terrorist because he wants to make bombs with ignitors and doesn't say in his profile where he is located.
This guy:

Attachments

• Ashad.JPG
    Ashad.JPG
    5 KB · Views: 137
C'mon, with a name like fighter dion, building first a stun gun then a rocket? Sounds pretty innocent to me. :eek:

I was new, so i didnt updated my profile, now i have. This is just for modelrockets purpose ONLY! C'mon... a terrorist which is using open forums, yeah right. Just help me with this ignigter please...

BTW, if i was a terrorist, would i trust a homemade igniter then....

“C’mon”????
Terrorist are the ones using unconventional igniters! The latest terrorist videos are on the internet. I think they know about the internet.

When I get rocket engines they come with igniters. I have made homemade igniters and homemade engines. (I have scars to prove that.)

I do know of a way to make a reusable igniter. If you use a hot wire as an igniter, the wire must get very hot to ignite the fuel. A white hot wire is very fragile. The fire from the engine will break the wire.

A glow-plug from a diesel motor might work. It is too big for your little engines. The price is too high, better to get a box of 250 igniters. I hope you have fun with rockets!

When I was a kid (a long time ago) my home-made rockets all blew up!
But my bombs went up very high.

When I was young and trying to blow up Alberta Canada; drug stores sold chemicals by the pound. Now we are reluctant to tell Figher-Dion how to make an igniter. Mr. Fighter has a bushy beard and is angry at the world OR he is 13 and flies rockets. I wish we could talks rockets and bombs but the world has changed.

It is simple and cheap to make igniters.... Here's what you'll need

conductive carbon black paste
micronised magnesium / KNO3 pyrogen
Nitrocellulose dope....

If you know anything about rocketry, and I suspect you dont, then you will know that the only reuseable ignition system is used in hybrid fuel motors.... And even that needs "trimming" after use!!!!!

Shax said:
It is simple and cheap to make igniters.... Here's what you'll need

conductive carbon black paste
micronised magnesium / KNO3 pyrogen
Nitrocellulose dope....

If you know anything about rocketry, and I suspect you dont, then you will know that the only reuseable ignition system is used in hybrid fuel motors.... And even that needs "trimming" after use!!!!!

dude, that knocking on your door is scotland yard...

nichrome wire is a much better way to make igniters. No chemicals to deal with, just a thin piece of wire. not only that but in the US, it is really cheap - I see ebay deals of 30 ft 30 ga for around 3 dollars.

philba said:

nichrome wire is a much better way to make igniters. No chemicals to deal with, just a thin piece of wire. not only that but in the US, it is really cheap - I see ebay deals of 30 ft 30 ga for around 3 dollars.

omg.. that i didnt thaught about THAT! but i need nichrome wire that glows on 6 volts and around 300ma (milliamps dont know if spelled right):p

philba said:

Using Nichrome wire alone is unreliable at best.. Estes igniters have a small blob of pyrogen in the tip..
Conductive carbon black, Magnesium & Potassium nitrate are readily available, and making Nitrocellulose dope is piss easy.. Just dissolve table tennis balls in acetone!
Nothing illegal there, as the police officer who renewed my explosives permit will tell you..

it was sort of a joke but with all the paranoia out there, I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few agencies are scraping every site in sight...

my guess is that the most cost effective and easiest solution is to buy a box of igniters...

I used to set off small firecrackers with a single strand of un-wound speaker wire... and a few batteries to get enough current...

Usually they were triggered with a switch attached to a string across a doorway...

The un-wound strand of wire was twisted a few times around the wick/fuse...

My roommates didnt much like that but it was good for a few laughs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back