Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Mosquito Insect Repellant

Status
Not open for further replies.

howiehoward

I need to do a PSpice project over a topic and I chose the electronic mosquito repellant. I am not required to physically build it, but only simulate it and do a report on how it works and why. I have PSpice and Electronics Workbench Multisim.

I've been doing much research, and the astable multivibrator circuit is the solution. Does anyone have any quick suggestions or tips?

Thanks..

Howie

Look in Google to see that an electronic repellant doesn't work. Mosquitoes don't care if there is a high frequency sound. They don't know about bats until they are eaten.

The chemical called DEET repells mosquitoes. Carbon dioxide gas from a propane burner attacts mosquitoes into a trap.

I heard only the lady mosquito bites. Not the men mosquitoes. When the Lady mosquito hears the sound coming from the men mosquitoes they leaving & escaping.Because a lady mosquito knows why the men mosquitoes are coming??????

If you can generate a frequency which has the same frequency the men mosquitoes have & that’s the frequency I don’t know how much is that.

I don’t use electronic or chemical mosquito repellents. I just put a mosquito net over the bed & sleep. No more problems, good night sleep, plenty dreams.:D :D :D

I wasn't aware that mosquitoes had a 'frequency'. All this time I thought it was me stumbling out of my tent in a drunken stupor to take a whiz that attracted mosquitoes!

hi,

I think Gayans frequency refers to the 'buzz' produced by the mosquito's wing beat, the male and female do have slight difference in buzz frequency.

I use DEET when I stay in South Africa and a good mosquito net. The little buggers are attracted by the CO2 that we give off.

If the OP could get a electronic design that 'works' I would like to try it on my next Safari. Keep us posted.

I see that researchers have developed a sterile mosquito that they are applying for permission to release into the wild.
Apparently the females prefer the sterile males.

Last edited:
Many female mosquitoes and female humans are attracted to males.
Learn something about the birds and the bees then you will understand about "adult" activity and why mosquitoes and humans are not extinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back