Electronic seismograph! How? i have some basic ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amando96

Ok
How could i make a seismograph, like that lights LED's up, example, 1 richter, 1 LED, 2 richter, 2 LED's... How can i make this?
i thought about a coil with a magnet sliding in it, and when it moves, it generates small amounts of electricity, then a darlington to amplify it, and use it as a swicht for a servo, that would move a potenciometer and light up the LED's with the force transmoted to it.
Is it any good?
of course i would calibrate it after completed...

please give your sugestons, or critics.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't believe one can calibrate a single seismograph to the Richter Scale directly. I think it takes triangulation among several remote sites to get a fix and then calculation of the amplitude at the remote seismograph using distance Vs amplitude.

a magnet inside a coil is how geophones work and are quite sensitive. They can be purchased used some places for surplus like prices, much better then you could build yourself.

Lefty

No way i could buy one here... i'll just make it, maybe with pvc pipe or pen, something will come to mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…