Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Taximeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcasal

I write from ecuador south america. I wish build an electronic taximeter with an MDT. How can I get the signal from the engine or odometer for count the distance?.

Thank you

Hugo

Hi Hugo. Each brand of car manufacturer does things in slightly different ways, but in general there is usually a pulse stream available that connects to the dash board electronics somewhere. The pulses are typically at a variable frequency proportional to the speed of the car and can be integrated to find the distance. The frequency is usually in the audio range, so is easy to interface to.

I'm not an expert, but recently I witnessed some friends hooking up a rally trip computer to a Subaru and it was actually quite easy. The difficult part is finding some auto enthusiasts who have already found the necessary pulse stream wire in the brand of car you want to work with. Try googling for "rally computer odometer interface" or similar subjects and perhaps have a look at rally enthusiast forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back