Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrorheology device

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultech

Hi, I'm almost completely ignorant of electronics but want to build a device to induce an electrorheological effect on a diesel fuel line. I need to generate a field of 1kV/mm between two mesh electrodes 10mm apart which will be located within the fuel line. This field would be around 0.1 W in power. Any thoughts about generating this field using the power available under a car bonnet? If this works the fuels viscosity is reduced aiding combustion. Thanks

Its Proberbly a scam

these car fuel efficiency scams are pointless and never work so youre proberbly wasting your time. also haveing high voltages by fuel lines sounds deadly lol :D:eek:

Don't do it its very dangerous and is certainly a scam.

It's highly likely that you will be electrocuted or be blown into pieces.

No apparently its all genuine if you'd like to do a quick search for diesel on the New Scientist web site. So any thoughts?

All the hits on the site **broken link removed** are over 10 years old except the last one. And that just referred to the possibility of using a electrorheological fluid in a non-fuel related application in the future. Must not have been a lot of success in applying this phenomenon.

Can you provide a link that supports you speculation?

Ken

!
Go to newscientist.com. Type 'diesel' into the search box. Then scroll down to the results...the article title is 'Fuel thinner...'

Does anyone have any ideas?

The article is a very general description of the technique. How did you arrive at the specific requirements for your device?

Paultech,

How about posting all the pertinent links...rather making us ferret out your references? It would bolster your case.

Ken

If all it does is make the fuel thinner then I don't see why it would be any more effective than heating it or adding a lighter oil solvent to make it thinner.

God give me strength...follow the links within the article.

It's not our job to argue your case for you. If you want to back up your argument *you* need to provide the bibliography, not the reader.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back