ELF Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
For these freq, I would recommend a microcontroller and a driver stage. This would be far more flexible and does not have tuning issues.

The stuff on magnetic stim I saw suggested LARGE magnetic fields are needed and thus require rather large currents. I could be wrong but I seem to recall seeing stuff about water-cooling the coils which typically would suggest they might be running tens or hundreds of amps to get an effective field strength.

However the entire basis of the field is questionable IMHO, some people report striking effects while others report absolutely nothing. It is possible that it induces some noticible but insiginficant effect- or the coils just vibrate noticibly- and the double-blind protection is blown out the window since people know if they're getting placebo or not and start reporting all sorts of illusionary effects.

In all likelihood it seems the brain is unlikely to be improved in any way by knocking it around thusly. Why would the brain need electromagnetic pulses to work at peak functionality? At best one could expect some sort of transient (hopefully harmless) hallucinations from errors in brain function. It would be a curious effect, interesting experience, but unlikely to fix mental illness.

I am still watching the field with interest however.

Last edited:
Oznog said:
For these freq, I would recommend a microcontroller and a driver stage.

This would be a very good choice, if i was more experienced in designing circuits! I'll try to create the 10a circuit of AN-263 as "Ron H" proposed me! It's more complicated but at least it has more detailed lay-out on power suppling matters

I believe that human's brain is so sensitive that the existence of harmonics would have undesirable effects. That is the why i prefer a clean sinus-output and not a square one!

Get this old IC before they are all gone:

Attachments

• ICL8038.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 272
Very tricky Russlk, well done! Now i got it!!!

Audioguru, the IC is very interesting! I hope i can find one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…