Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Energy meter using ADE 7763

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravindmgcee

Hi,
I am trying to do an single phase energy monitoring project. The voltage and current I want to measure is 240Vrms and 20A rms respectively.
I am planning to use a voltage divider for voltage measurement and ACS 712 -20A for current measurement . Micro controller planning using is pic 18f series. Energy meter Ic planning to use is ADE 7763.
But i have no idea about how to design circuit of energy meter( i am at level 0 at energy meter). So please provide me with circuit diagram of energy meter using the components and specifications given above.

thanks in advance....

At microchip.com there is a energy meter project.
There are examples on using ADE7763. You might look at the ADE7763 evaluation board.

Boncuk is volunteering to do the PCB! Who wants to do the marketing? That only leaves going to the bank.

If acs 712 can be used,please tell me how it can be connected to V1P and V1N pins of ade 7763??? Output of acs 712 is from its pin no: 7 ..i think it can be connected to V1P of ade 7763... bt what to connect in V1N of ade 7763??

The ACS712 has an output voltage of 0.5VCC, meaning the output voltage swings from 0.5VCC to VCC at positive currents and from 0.5VCC to zero at negative voltages.

Check the ADE7763 datasheet if it can work with those values. If necessary you must add a signal conditioner making the two parts suitable to measure AC current.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back