Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enhanced Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did they change the name to "Enchanced" :eek: :eek: (from the link above)

Mike.

Pommie said:
When did they change the name to "Enchanced" :eek: :eek: (from the link above)

No idea, I hadn't noticed they had!.

But it's all just advertising rubbish anyway.

Originally MicroChip listed their products honestly, as EEPROM, then Atmel started advertising their EEPROM processors as FLASH - because it became the buzzword of the time. MicroChip eventually did the same, and relabelled their EEPROM processors as FLASH.

After a fair while of this both Atmel and MicroChip did start producing actual FLASH devices - although some of the MicroChip ones (even new ones) were still EEPROM - I can't comment on the Atmel ones.

Presumably the MicroChip marketing boys have been busy again?, and 'reinvented' their FLASH devices as 'Enhanced FLASH'.

Perhaps someone should reported them to the advertising standards agency.

I've heard a similar story about Sky broadband advertising the bandwidth as just 16MB, what 16 Mega bytes/bits per second/day month/year? 16MB on it's own is meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back