Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

is there anyway to warm up the environment if it's under the air-con?
Beside Floor warmer, is there any other portable or USB stuff that can warm up surrounding?

Hmm i dont think the (relitively) low current ( and voltage (5v)) of a usb will work a heater very well... try something using a plug-in adapter and a heater element. You could try resistance wire, hair-dryer wire (pretty much resistance wire) or a specialized product you can buy. Dont forget to add a fan of blower or someting so the air is moving, or else things will burn...

if you have an idea, let us know and we can check it out.

Have you tried to re-direct the the vent? I have central A/C and heating. A/C is fine, but in the winter the heater isn't so great. I cut out some cardstock deflectors to aim the hot air down more. Usually not cold for more then a few days, so rarely bother...

You can use a heat pump which works well until the outside temperature dips below -7C, then you have to use a heating element.

If it's too cold with your air conditioning on then turn it down, adding a heater just seems like a waste of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back