epe john becker's tutorial 27 problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimbom

27. exercise is a 2 digits 60 sec. counter on LED. but is not working. did anyone solve this. please help. can you send me a goog code?! I hope there is someone who worked on it.

John Becker had his own assembler... to modify his code to MPASM you need his toolkit.. OR you need to re-write... The downloads of all his projects are here.... toolkit MK2 is about half way down

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
thank you for your quick response. but I have this new V2 at 2003. I ran this at exp board and simulator MPASM. both of them negative. except at line CLRF PORTA at output lines. I will try this night at home with deleting this line. ı will write to you. thx.

no , I mean version 2 of tutorial of John Becker in 2003. this conform with MPLAB. there is in 2003 projects PIC Tutorials V2.

You just need to specify the processor.... LIST P= 16Fxxx

nooo, recent exercises are working , there is no any change for this one. for ex. 26. tutorial is working without error. I did of course list p=......but I'm sure there is a falty jumping or erronous line. after displaying 00 it's jumping 40-- 50 ( 4 common anode lines 0 common cathode line etc... ) or values nonsense. masters can understand in 1 minute

last minute : I saw at the output section a line "andlw 15 " . but ıt would be "andlw B"00001111' " like at the tutorial 26! and the problem solved.
but this time I observed that it count inversely : digit ten's is working like secondes, and digit secondes is working like tens secondes.

there is no someone who check this tutorial seriously and bring us please ??

Last edited:
Good spot.... It worked for me as I set the radix to decimal..... You need to put the dot in front..... ie... "andlw .15" or the "d'15'"

John Becker's code ALWAYS needed frigging..... Brilliant man though.... Shame really, I liked his tutorials.... I wonder who writes for EPE now? Is it still going?

yes I solved this problem too. by changing goto SECONE and goto SECTEN lines. but there is a leakage between the segments 1 and 10s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…