Etching and Ink Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about epsons durabright ink. iv'e heard that every ink molecule has a plastic bubble around them stoping the ink from spreading if it gets wet

what about epsons durabright ink. iv'e heard that every ink molecule has a plastic bubble around them stoping the ink from spreading if it gets wet
Not the question of getting wet, the PCB with the type of ink, has to dance in either Ferric chloride or another chemical bath with vigorous agitation at elevated temperature. the Laser printer's toner behaves well
For some of us not having access to laser printer, we can get a 1:1 Photostat with dark copy. I feel, it should serve.

I would like to add this to what Sarma said.

Laser toner is a plastic that melts (fuses) to the paper. It is then reheated to get it to fuse to the copper.

I think the wheel it self isnt re-invented but think of tires... Car Tires changed so much over the years... are you telling me re-inventing that wheel wasnt good?

Its not like im making a new way. Im testing it only. I didnt invent it. For me Laser seems to be more expensive way to go. I have a OKI 6100 Color Laser Printer. Toner isnt cheap! I can refill my Inkjet and buy Photo resist for less than the cost of 1 Laser Black Refill...

Its not like i make hundreds of boards. Im a hobbyist i make a few a month...

In general toner is cheaper per page then ink. The toner cartridges will do a lot more pages then a ink cart. If you add the cost of the photo resist to the photo process the toner should be less expensive. Or if you use Pulsar or P&P about the same ?

it cost me $1 for black ink for inkjet... $30 for toner refill heh Just thought id add that. But i might use my laser anyway. Its just that it takes up so much space. I need to move my work area heh

it cost me $1 for black ink for inkjet... $30 for toner refill heh Just thought id add that. But i might use my laser anyway. Its just that it takes up so much space. I need to move my work area heh
on the face of it, using ink-jet for pcb making other than for photo exposure process, may not be worth it.
for making a printed transparency or tracing paper for exposure purposes , it is OK

yeah... but as i said.... dont you think it would be nice if i tried both and post a article on how they went and which i prefer so other people can at least understand the process better and which may work for them ?

yeah... but as i said.... dont you think it would be nice if i tried both and post a article on how they went and which i prefer so other people can at least understand the process better and which may work for them ?
we await your special report of your experimentation AtomSoft!!

gota order FUSER and Toner for Laser first heh... Gonna run me around $150 total for fuser and black toner... for all toners it will cost me about $300 total... ill order it in a week or so.... got to get some $$ first heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…