Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extra sensitive PIR Sensor + light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaggerededge

Hey, I have a very specific project in mind.

I belong to a cadet unit, and on our camps, we often have to 'defend' our campsites against raids from other platoons/companies. I need to make a very sensitive motion sensor, that activates a set of bright LEDs. It needs to work in pitch black (which shouldn't be a problem as far as I can tell), and it has to be able to sense slight movements, preferably a slider to change sensitivity.

I have been researching the PIR modules etc, but am unsure where else to start looking for a diagram. If anyone could suggest somewhere, that would be great. Or if it isn't too much of a hassle, you could create one for me. Oh, and it would be good if the parts were relatively cheap, as I want to make about 5 of them.

Thanks a heap, Jagger.

buy off-the-shelf

Or, closer to you:
PIR Sensors

To a module, you supply voltage and ground and you get one pin out that tells you if it's detected anything. Dirt-simple.

-e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back