Fast Actuator Solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukhqan

Hi guys, am new in this forum, not much into electronics ,and looking for some help from experienced guys like you, thats why I got here.
Well am searching for an actuator solenoid to use it in my car, here are my requirements regarding the actuator solenoid:

1- Compact size, not larger than 100mm.
2- 12V to be used in car.
3- The stroke got to be at least 25mm.
4- Strong enough to push at least 6Kg.
5- very fast open time, less than 1 sec if possible.

Am going to use the actuator solenoid to be able to push my car throttle wide open when I left off my leg from the gas pedal, this actuator solenoid will be controlled from aftermarket ECU for the Anti Lag, to be able to activate the anti lag correctly I have to open the throttle at least 12%-15%, and I want it to be strong one becuase as you know the throttle got spring on, so it can close it back when the driver pull-off his leg from the gas pedal, and its a strong spring needs some force to be opened, and want it to be fast, because anti lag works in milliseconds and its effect will be hard on the engine.

So where I can find such actuator solenoid ?!?!

here a link about anti lag so you can get the better picture, thanks in advance guys and appreciate your help.

Turbo Anti-lag systems - A technical description

Dukhqan.

Last edited:
These forums usually go bananas on automotive alterations. I expect the Big Boss types to shut this down rather quickly.

Generally I look to a distributor like McMaster Carr Supply or similar. Problem is I have no clue where you are located so suggesting a supplier isn't easy. Finding a 12 volt coil is easy enough, unfortunately finding a unit that is small, a 12 volt coil and delivers the force you want also isn't easy.

The reason people are reluctant to overly give information on topics like this is nobody wants to tell you to do something that may carry a liability or lead to personal injury. A stuck throttle can make bad things happen.

Ron

Last edited:
am seeing the link now.
dont worry about the location, I can order it to be shipped international, what concern me to find one with good price.
it can be easily mounted, as long as its in small size, you can fabricate your own mount for it, I did it many times (with vacuum actuators), its not something new to street racing or rally racing world.
plus I already got one on my car, but its not electrical, it works on vacuum, but i want electrical one because in get out of vacuum in the middle of the lap, therefore and electrical one would be the best.
As I believe believe everyone take the responsibility for doing something or not! you can't just do whatever and whomever tells you, as for stuck open throttle, this is what antilag does exactly, it just stuck the throttle wide open

Last edited:
Why do u want to move the pedal.? It's a simple matter on e-throttle cars to alter the throttle signal with a relay/resistor combo. Unless your car isn't e-throttle.....most are these days though.

McMaster won't ship to u if u don't have a evidence of a US based payment & address. Try Grainger.

Last edited:

no its not electronic throttle, it opens using cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…