Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fire detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

kta22

Hi people. Who can help me with a good fire-flame robotic sensor schematic ?I want to use this on my hexapod robot.
thanks

Hi people. Who can help me with a good fire-flame robotic sensor schematic ?I want to use this on my hexapod robot.
thanks

There are quite some different kind of fires and flames so what do you want to detect

have a google on flame detector as you have 2 different types

also heat sensors, smoke sensors and rate of rise sensors can be valauble for your project

be aware that if you have comercial ideas the devices have to be tested and certified before you can use them.

Robert-Jan

Give us more details on what exactly the sensor would be doing. Does it need to see a fire in the distance? Does it need to know if it is in a fire? Or would a smoke detection setup do the job?

The first thing I thought of was hooking up a smoke detector and temperature sensor to the robot. If either of those are present there is probably fire nearby.

You could also use infrared cameras, but the type of IR camera you would need is most likely prohibitively expensive.

Hi,

Instead of using any particular IC, I would use the cheap electonic consisting of high brightness LED and a LDR place exactly face to face.

When their would be no interrruption between the LED and LDR, complete light falls on the LDR decreasing the resistance of the LDR.

When their would be any interruption (smoke) in the path this would led to less energy fall on LDR raising its resistance.

So you could detect the voltage change due to change in resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back