first time ever here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooltechfreak

hello to all,
this is the first time i m ever using any forum so please dont mind my way of explanation.

there r around 8000 threads in this forum and it is becoming impossible for me to search all pages for this.

i wish to make a circuit for wireless internet/lan, i mean to send signals in a region in order to work wirelessly

i want suggestion from u all. thanx

first off, you don't have to look at 8000 threads to find what you're looking for, if you just use the SEARCH feature; that will reduce it to a few dozen threads or less, if you use intelligent keywords... and if you're too lazy to at least do that, then nobody is going to want to help you, just FYI.

are you trying to actually make an 802.11 and ethernet compatible wireless network, or are you trying to build a simple system that can just transmit ANY data wirelessly?

if you think you're going to scratch build 802.11 + ethernet compatible wireless networking devices, with your obvious lack of experience, think again. That's not even close to being a feasible project for a hobbyist, especially a beginner, and quite a stupid project as well, considering how cheap WiFi hardware is nowadays.

if you only want to build a very simple system (like one that can transmit serial data at short ranges and low data rates, of around a few thousand bits per second), then that's a much more feasible project, but even there, it still won't be easy if you have no idea what you're getting into.

Last edited:
i m not lazy at all i will definitely search first then wil post any new message.
thanx

seriously i was not experienced thats why i posted about such a thing i m not into making a 802.11+ethernet compatible wireless networking device, i m into making a small project as suggested by you that could (transmit serial data at short ranges and low data rates, of around a few thousand bits per second)

well there is one more thing i need to ask that "will i need knowledge of microprocessors for doing this"

any help will be appreciated.
thanx

i have a laptop and i m having a wireless internet/lan connection, this is the source of my curiousity.
there is a router (54 mbps wireless router designed by netgear in california) which is doing all the job of wireless net connection for me. this is much more of a commercial type, i wonder if i can make a much simpler and cheaper version, the data transmission may not be so high as 54mbps and range should be considerable, as in a room. i m actually trying to develop this router for small scale use.

this is the complete information of my thought about this one, although i m not at developing something new but really wish to start it.

thanx for helping me so much.

You can buy wireless ethernet cards and routers for very little money, what would be the point of spending a great deal more building a much inferior system?. I seriously doubt you could build anything anywhere near as cheap as commercial units.

i got you. thanks a lot . this helped me really .

i wish to remove this thread can i do it so that no more people waste there time on this and pay heed to much more serious work.

No you can't, as a moderator I 'could', but the whole point of forums is that posts and threads are there for others to read and learn from. As such I'll lock the thread for you, so no other posts can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…