Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixing a Footprint with an exacto knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
I just noticed another mistake on my PCB. The "canned" footprint for the TO92 in orcad looks like the attached image. I'm wondering how I can separate the pads since they seem to be joined.

The scale is 50mils/1.27mm per grid section. I was thinking an exacto knife but I think the blade is too thick...

Attachments

• TO92_OrCad.gif
    TO92_OrCad.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 195
I'd vote for drilling out the middle hole and soldering the pin directly to the trace or to a jumper.

That's probably safer. There are no vias anywhere nearby, and there is a soldermask between the trace and pin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back