FloorSensor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlarmMans device sounds very much like a strain gauge and recently I was talking to someone involved in testing steel(in car crashes) and they were using strain gauges so I'm sure they can handle a bit of jumping, they just have to attached to something flexible. The flex is needed as they measure the amount of movement in the platform, if the platform was divided into sections it might work. The conductive foam idea should work, I have seen switches using that type of construction, as the foam is compressed the resistance decreases.

thx everyone...

i have decided to use a force sensing resistor (interlink electronics, model 402) that can take a load of 100N(10kg) and build my on tranducer platform with about 100+ of these sensors. the platform will be alble to compensate the extra load force. The output of these sensors will be input into the computer to be analyse. Because i'm using so many sensors, i will be using multiplexer to reduce the inputs.

Anyone that is fimilar with multiplexer? can some one giv me a hand on how to design one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…