Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flowcode Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

hey guys I wonder if anyone that uses FlowCode regularly can help me with a problem. I want to put a 3 digit code into a variable. but the thing is the 3 digit code comes from 3 different variables. I have the flowchart I've been working on running pretty good so far, but that problem is where I've hit my roadblock. How would I join those three variables into one variable without adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.

Why avoid the maths?

You don't mention what the digits are. Are they ascii, binary etc? Where they come from probably answers this.

If they're ascii then subtract 48 from them all and then do,
BigNum=LowestDigit
BigNum=BigNum+(MiddleDigit*10)
BigNum=BigNum+(TopDigit*100)

Mike.

The are all ASCII. they run from A00 to F99. The data comes from a 16 button Keypad that will be used to make the selections of the songs. My project is a MP3 Player Jukebox. I'm trying to get the selection process to where it puts it in 1 variable instead of 3 separate variables.

Edit: I put that bit in my flowchart, it works but not completely as I want. I'm going to have to tweak it a bit, because it wants to reverse what I inputted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back