Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flowers for everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I wish I would also have been a flower of God's eyes...

As a goodwill please contribute flowers for world peace and happiness ...

or the flower you like the most...

From my side ... it is roses...

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
isn't there html tags on this site?

Here's some flowers for peace. One is a White Trillium, the official flower of Ontario, Canada, my birthplace. The second is the somewhat redundantly named Purple Violet, the official flower of New Brunswick, Canada, where my current home is.

justDIY said:
hrmm, doesnt look like I can embed flash objects in posts

anyway, linky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrjVICnzw4
I'm not sure what you're insinuating here, that there's something dopey about the flowers-for-peace idea? I'm guessing that's your point, and I get it, but don't you think it's too bad that we've been so conditioned to think war is the norm that we're so cynical about the prospect of a peaceful utopia?

I'd wager the idea of sharing flowers for peace comes across as kind of fruity to most of the forum members here, but sometimes it takes an acute change of direction (such as doing something outside your normal comfort zone, like sharing flowers) to come up with the best solution to a problem.

I'm not a coward. I'm not afraid to die for the things I believe in, but given the option I'd really rather not. I'm kinda addicted to this whole staying alive racket.

I don't want to be duped into believing the only way to get what I want or need is to constantly be involved in mortal conflict. That doesn't seem smart to me, and it doesn't seem brave at all. It seems to me that it'd take a lot more bravery to explore new, peaceful solutions to the world's problems as oppose to the proverbial mindlessness of trying to beat back whatever's coming at you with a stick.

Attachments

• Trillium grandiflorum.jpg
    Trillium grandiflorum.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Viola cucullata.jpg
    Viola cucullata.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Hank Fletcher said:
I'm not sure what you're insinuating here, that there's something dopey about the flowers-for-peace idea? I'm guessing that's your point, and I get it, but don't you think it's too bad that we've been so conditioned to think war is the norm that we're so cynical about the prospect of a peaceful utopia?

not at all, I like the pictures of real flowers. In case it's not obvious, Crustys picture is of a cannabis 'flower' ... aka mary jane, wacky tabacky, etcetera etcetera

here's some chamomile for you, supposed to make a relaxing tea :)

**broken link removed**

edit: i noticed the original picture was a bit huge, here it is again cropped and downsized, sorry!

Last edited:
justDIY said:
not at all, I like the pictures of real flowers. In case it's not obvious, Crustys picture is of a cannabis...
Whoops, my bad! Still, I think my albeit falsely-informed reaction demonstrates that you don't have to be a drugged-up hippy to believe in peace!

Hank Fletcher said:
Whoops, my bad! Still, I think my albeit falsely-informed reaction demonstrates that you don't have to be a drugged-up hippy to believe in peace!
I'm shocked I would never even think of anything "illegal"!!:eek:

I'm shocked I would never even think of anything "illegal"!!
That depends on wherever you choose to do it, I think! I don't do drugs, and I can't think of a good reason why anyone else should, but it seems to me that the laws are somewhat out of proportion in Canada and the U.S.

It seems to me on a scale from least offensive to most, that the extremity of the punishment ought to go like this:
1) doing drugs
2) speeding
3) white collar crime
with drugs being the lightest sentence, and white collar crime being the heaviest.

But it seems to go the other way. Suppose your white collar crime was ripping off the insurance company you work for, so as a result, there's a shortage of money for people who get in a car accident, so their health suffers. Or if you speed, obviously you're putting other lives at risk, too. Obviously drugs can destroy communities, I'm just saying the degree to which drug offenders are prosecuted is out of proportion to those other offenders, considering their relative societal harm.

It's winter where I live and they aren't many flowers in the garden, there's some winter jasmine and a couple of daisies in flower on the lawn but not much. There again I suppose it won't be long before the snow drops and winter aconites come in to flower.

You got to admire this flower...

**broken link removed**

Really not that pleasant to look at but it still serves some kind of purpose in this world, kinda like me.

It looks like an upside down mushroom.

Dawny said:
You got to admire this flower...

**broken link removed**

Really not that pleasant to look at but it still serves some kind of purpose in this world, kinda like me.

Is that the one that smells like a dead guy when it blooms?:D :D

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back