Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fluke 123 scopemeter not reading ANY voltage, please help

Dickos

Hi all!

I have a Fluke 123 scopemeter that i bought a long time ago for very little money, the problem is that when I eventually tried to use it, it wont work.

I can test resistance OK but that's about it.

FYI the common problems of the screen going funny and the battery being dead are not a problem on this. I remember years ago buying a new battery and leaving it plugged in ever since. I also just tried it without the power lead and it worked well (for resistance) for a couple of days without going flat.

Is there a common fault that causes this problem of not being able to read any voltage? or is there a secret button somewhere or setting that I haven't seen?

BTW, I have some understanding of electrics and electronics but by no means am I an expert like most of you will be so I am going to say some stupid things, so apologies.

I hope someone can help, otherwise I have a very expensive paperweight! hahahah

Cheers,

Ant

So what is ok? Battery voltage , display , Ohm function?
Could buttons be oxidized?

Latest threads

Back