Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fluke 8010A DMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_pay

Hi Everyone,

I just got a Fluke 8010A bench top multimeter. Unfortunatly it did not come with an instruction manual.

This is a very bad thing because there is buttons on it that I do not know what they do. The buttons in question are the range select buttons (2v, 20v, ECT). They have some time values underneath them, they are very low values in the us and ms area.

What do these values mean?

Thanks

Tom.

Download the manual from Fluke.

Try with starting here.

or as #12 suggest. Saw that after I posted.

Ron

Last edited:
Some days it (the magic) works, and some days it doesn't.:D

(Chief Dan George in Little Big Man)

Ahh,

Thanks for the links I will download them shortly.

I searched for ages trying to find a copy, I but couldn't.

Thanks

Tom.

Hi Everyone,

I just got a Fluke 8010A bench top multimeter. Unfortunatly it did not come with an instruction manual.

This is a very bad thing because there is buttons on it that I do not know what they do. The buttons in question are the range select buttons (2v, 20v, ECT). They have some time values underneath them, they are very low values in the us and ms area.

What do these values mean?

Thanks

Tom.
I just happen to have a Fluke 8012A, but my manual covers the 8010 also. Those numbers are 2mS, 20uS, and 200ns. They are when measuring Conductance. On pages 2-7 and 2-8 of my manual it shows how to do a conductance. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Conductance is a more convenient way to measure and display large values of resistance in units of Siemens (inverse resistance, formerly called a mho). The conductance range typically allows the measurement of higher resistances than a typical multimeter can do. For example 1nS equals 1000 megohms.

When I was looking for the manual and found it I saw the image on the cover and thought it looked familiar. When I got home from work sure enough, I found a Fluke 8050A on my shelf of older but good stuff. I bet I haven't used it in 20 years but there it is. There may be another in an attic crawl space. :) All of that 8000 series were really good little meters as I recall.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back