Fluke PM3380B - Serial Port, Memory Expansion, Service Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0sh

All,

Today I was fortunate enough to find a Fluke PM3380B 100mhz scope in solid working condition; I've managed to find the operations manual on Fluke's site. I had a couple of questions, though, that I hope maybe someone can provide insight on:

1) The serial port can apparently output a captured waveform to an HP Laser printer; I have an HP Laserjet 5MP, which seems to only have a parallel port and a localtalk port. What would be the best way to hook it up to the scope? So far, it seems like maybe a serial-to-parallel converter box is the answer...

2) I read in the manual that the scope's memory can be expanded - how easy is this to do? Am I looking at having to send it to Fluke (or hunting around for a memory expansion board or something)? Or, can I simply open it and plug in some RAM?

3) Does anyone have a service manual for this scope? Like I said, I found the operations manual at Fluke, which was very detailed on how to use/set up/calibrate the scope...

As far as item #1 above is concerned, what I may end up doing is using the CPL protocol with the port and grabbing the waveform via that route (apparently you can grab the data or the image in that manner - as well as a whole host of other options; the manual I downloaded gave numerous GWBASIC examples, which should be easy for me to convert to Python or something under Linux). Even so, I was kinda hoping to be able to connect it in some manner directly to the printer. It's really a nice scope...

Thank you, all, for any help you can offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…