Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fluoro tube holder?? 15watt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyBoy

heres the deal, I need a tube holder for my 18inch fish tank... now, this seems to be a 15watt tube, but upon looking, 15watt tube holders are rather rare, and expensive.. the next size up is 18watt, which is 24inches, and too big... soo, I was going to buy a 24inch holder, and shorten it so the 15inch tube fitted...

anyone see any problems with this idea?

thanx...

When I kept fish, the light unit came as a choke/starter unit with cables to plastic end caps for the tubes. The tube length was not fixed by the body of the unit.

If you are using a standard domestic unit, you just need to take great care that it cant get water into the endcaps.

JimB

JimB said:
If you are using a standard domestic unit, you just need to take great care that it cant get water into the endcaps.

JimB

I've decided to use a standard domestic light fitting, but put it outside the glass... I know that the glass will probably filter out half the UVB light anyway, but its either that, or have condensation forum on the tubes, and light fitting over night.. which, I figure wouldn't be too good... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back