fluoro tube holder?? 15watt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyBoy

heres the deal, I need a tube holder for my 18inch fish tank... now, this seems to be a 15watt tube, but upon looking, 15watt tube holders are rather rare, and expensive.. the next size up is 18watt, which is 24inches, and too big... soo, I was going to buy a 24inch holder, and shorten it so the 15inch tube fitted...

anyone see any problems with this idea?

thanx...

I don't see any problems, so long as the wiring is sound and you are still able to mount the bulb properly.

When I kept fish, the light unit came as a choke/starter unit with cables to plastic end caps for the tubes. The tube length was not fixed by the body of the unit.

If you are using a standard domestic unit, you just need to take great care that it cant get water into the endcaps.

JimB

JimB said:
If you are using a standard domestic unit, you just need to take great care that it cant get water into the endcaps.

JimB

I've decided to use a standard domestic light fitting, but put it outside the glass... I know that the glass will probably filter out half the UVB light anyway, but its either that, or have condensation forum on the tubes, and light fitting over night.. which, I figure wouldn't be too good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…