Flyback driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob

I got to say I'm disappointed in this circuit, every time I try it it either only sends current through the 220 ohm resistor making it extremely hot and I am not detecting any output from the flyback and if there is then it is so small it is useless and might as well try a different design. The reason why I'm trying this circuit is because it is very simple and I have tried it in the past with no luck. I am trying to power my plasma ball and I guess my ballast to flyback circuit is too high current and frequency maybe and for some reason doesn't work.

Some things to note, instead of the 240 ohm I used 220 but I think the tolerance would be enough to work, and instead of 27 ohms I used 22 with two 10 ohms and one 2 ohm in series.
For the transistor I'm using NTE2365 with good sized heatsink. The primary is 8-9 turns and feedback 4-5 with 20 gauge wire.
I'm thankful for any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong and what I can do differently.
-Billy bob

Are you sure the windings are the right polarity?, one way will oscillate (positive feedback), the other way won't (negative feedback).

The resistors WILL get hot, that's why they are large ones.

But it's a pretty poor crappy circuit, and totally dependent on the transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…