flybacks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

im expirmenting with flybacks k, and one thing I notice is that at the output is a wave, so no prob, a cap and a diode and we get the hvdc, but what kinda config would I use to get that to resonate as a radio wave, could I do it solely in the secondary circuit, or would I need to vibrate it in the primary circuit, if this is the case then I'd also need to match impeedances for the flyback too then wouldnt I? (10mhz or so)

Doggy,
What kind of flybacks? From a TV? Did you make your own transformer? More information.

ya, from a monitor, im going to be driveing it with some 3055's, but i want it for a coil that runs at a few(10-15)mhz

Flybacks from monitors were never designed for 10-15mhz.
I do not know what you have but; It may have been designed for 15khz, 31.5khz 64khz or maybe for 30 to 90khz. A flyback from a fast monitor will have a self resonance below 1-2mhz. An older monitor will have a flyback with a resonance frequency at 100-200khz. I don’t think you can drive a flyback at 15mhz using 2N3055s.

When you say "a coil" that runs at 10-15MHz, do you mean a Tesla coil? If so, I doubt you could get it that high, and certainly not with 3055's as ronsimpson said.
Someone did get one working at 13+MHz, but that was with class E topology and a lot of headache.
Saw one recently driven by a flyback and halfbridge, with a very cute rotary spark gap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUpGH7kSeFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…