Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil6600

Hello

I have build the FM circuit posted at: FM Transmitter

Can some one tell me which part is oscillator and which part is frequency modulator? I am confused.
I would appreciate if some can tell me detailed working of the circuit.

Is it possible to make a high frequency (100 Mhz) oscillator using IC's?

Thanks

the frequency modulator is C5 in the circuit. the oscillator is the tank circuit and the frequency output is determined by the equation: F= 1÷2 Pi √LC

I have heard of integrated circuits being used as the oscillators in trans miters, but I've never actual seen it being used. I suppose that if the IC can operate at high frequencies then it could be done. what kind of IC where you thinking about.

Attachments

• fmtrans2.JPG
    fmtrans2.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 595
Q1 and it's assciated components form both the oscillator and modulator. It will oscillate at the fundamental frequency, but changes in the capacitance of Q1 due to the input from amplifier Q2 vary the osllation frequency for FM modulation. C5 is a fixed value capacitor, and does not change the frequency. Here is a pretty good article https://www.members.tripod.com/~transmitters/begin.htm

Last edited:
few days back i have opened my cell phone and I was surprised to see that there was no inductor there, so I think that means high frequency oscillators can be built using IC's

The inductor is hiding in plain sight. Inductors at cell phone frequencies can be made 1mm long, sometimes even smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back