Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Footprint for RJ-45 connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng1

I selected a Molex RJ45 connector (95501-2881), as it seems very common from different distributors. I was creating a footprint according to the specifications (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/04/955012881_sd.pdf), when I noticed a 'keep-out zone' in the middle of the part.

On one side, the connector-body is open and the mating connector can be very close to the PCB. Is it recommended to route traces out of the prohibited zone??

Thank you.

AFAIK keepout denotes where no parts should be placed, i.e. smd's. In eagle the layer which prohibits traces is called restrict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back