Found Component Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookwyrm

Hi I recently found several mitsubishi m5m4256p chips and have been unable to find any information. Does anyone know anything about these? Thanks

The 4256 is a 256K x 1 Dynamic Ram. This predates sdram and even EDO. I have plenty of circuits that use them and could find you an example but no data sheets. From memory (no pun intended) they run off +5V and have 9 multiplexed address lines. You apply the upper nine bits of the address and generate a pulse on the RAS (row address strobe) Some small period of time later (10nS?) you apply the lower nine bits and generate a CAS (Column address strobe). Data then goes in or out depending on the value of the write signal. The main problem with them is that they have to be refreshed by reading from each bit every so many milliseconds. I think that by the time the 4256 came out the refresh was RAS only but this still meant complicated timing and counting circuitry. I think that the only use for them today is repairing obsolete equipment. It would be far easier and cheaper to use a cheap static ram.

I have that datasheet you are looking for. How do I get it to you? It is on my computer and I don't have a web page.

woodturner550

I have that datasheet you are looking for. How do I get it to you? It is on my computer and I don't have a web page.

woodturner550

Perhaps you could have a look at the first post here:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/locally-hosted-datasheets-list.8847/
and have Electromaster or a Mod add it to the list.

Well I dense I think because it failed to deliver... I sent it the second time to electro.tech.online.com.@gmail.com returned also. Don't know what to do now. Sorry!

woodturner550

Well I dense I think because it failed to deliver... I sent it the second time to electro.tech.online.com.@gmail.com returned also. Don't know what to do now. Sorry!

Why not click on 'Go Advanced' then 'Manage Attachments' and upload it here?.

Thank for the info! that's more than i've been able to find anywhere else.

The datasheet M5M4256P

Thanks for the tip on using Advanced and Manage Attachments. Newbees Thanks for putting up with clumsy attempts to help.

woodturner550

Attachments

• M5M4256P-15A..pdf
    362.8 KB · Views: 164
  • M5M4256P-15..pdf
    66.8 KB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…