Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free Tektronix 454 Scope (small fault) Manchester UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimFranklin

I have a Tektronix 454 Scope (dual trace) with a small fault on the timebase,
(see attached drawing of a squarewave)

It is useable for most tasks, but this is really annoying to see.

It is too good to just throw away, so anyone in or around Manchester, England
(Bolton/Wigan/Altrincham) who wants it just get in touch and I'll arrange to meet you
somewhere with it. (it's free)

Jim

Attachments

• scope fault.gif
    scope fault.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Have you tried calibrating the scope probe?

Last edited:
I had tried compensating the scope to no effect, but not one to ignore suggestions, I have just fired it up again and I have a different fault...

With all inputs set to GND i get the attached trace.

As I have a replacement scope (a tektronix 2445 4 channel 150MHz scope) I just want to give this a new home, if anyone wants it.

DSCN2902.JPG

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your generous offer to the forum.

I might be interested in your offer, I have sent you a private message.

Regards,
Leftfield95.

I've already got a couple of scopes, but if you're binning it I'd take it off your hands - I couldn't bear to see it binned.

But I'd rather you find a more deserving home - but I'm here as 'last resort'.

Jim,

I'd also like third dibs on the 'scope please, if Lefty or Nigel end up not having it.

Cheers.

P.S. PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back