Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FreePCB layout software

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one I've been using, as it is an open-source GPL release instead of an eval / student version (demo-package licenses usually specify "no commercial use").

One more is there PCB123 available at www.pcb123.com. PCB editor is good but I don't like the schematic editor because of its poorly designed libraries. Pin orientations on schematic packages are bad.

the PCB123 one is not free. you cannot export gerber files and then use them to get a board manufactured, you have to use the company that designed the software. Well it is free but there's a very big catch.

The open source one is a very good idea I think. There's a lot of scope there.

Pyroandrew said:
the PCB123 one is not free. you cannot export gerber files and then use them to get a board manufactured, you have to use the company that designed the software. Well it is free but there's a very big catch.
Are you sure there is a catch? As far as I know ExpressPCB has that problem. To my best knowledge PCB123V2 has an option for exporting Gerber Files.

I used PCB123 just the other day...the only drawback I recall was the size of the board was limited in their "free" version.

I think that it exports a propriorty file type that only the company can read, ensureing that you use them to manufacture your PCB, I could be wrong!

There is a software called DipTrace. Supports multilayered PCB and a free ware version is available. The limitation exisis on the number of pins...150 pins max I guess... It might suffice for ordinary circuits boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back