Frequency hopping transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwt

Hi there,

This project is basically to imply frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) method to ensure the security of broadcasting information. The prototype of project shall be designed by using PIC and ready-made transmitter-receiver module. And the hopping frequencies used shall be selected randomly and shown on the transmitter and receiver for verification purpose.

Currently, i am researching on FSK/FHSS system. And there are some doubts arised:

..................................................\/
...1,0 ---> FSK Mod ---> Mixer --->|..... ........<---Basically, this is the
....................................../\................................FHSS Tx. *If there is
.......................................|...............................any mistake, feel free
....................PIC-----> Hopping..........................to point out to me. Thx.
.................................Frequency

1. Can the FHSS output obtained by modulating FSK output and hopping frequencies by using normal FM circuit?

2. Will the changing of hopping frequency cause the mixer to operate imperfectly? (Eg. causes the gain to drop.)

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advanced.

Hi,

Currently, i am on the carrier generation side and modulating side of the FH system.
If i can generate my own carrier signal using MC145151-2 PLL frequency synthesizer and XR2206 monolithic function generator, is there any IC or modules that can be used to inject my own carrier signal to modulate the data?
Hope to hear an answer asap. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…