frequency in a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianmay27

so i posted a while back about a project which used a 555 switch... i finished it thanks to the help of **broken link removed**

however im useing a 10 :mu:F capasitor and both resisters are 2.7K hm:so that should be a .03 fire and a .01 down. however im looking at it through my ossiliscope and i see it being as a 30 mill sec fire and a 50 mill sec down time. but when i use it for what im doing it seems much faster then that.

can someone help me out. i dont know what it is. my ossiliscope is working and it is calabrated but i dont know whats going on.

thanks

This is where the link took me:
**broken link removed**
There are LOTs of other circuits on the page and I'm sure the one above is not it. Do you mean this one:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Well, if you make C1 = 10uF, R1 = 2700hm: and R2 = 1500hm: then you'll get pretty close to 30ms high and 10ms low out of pin 3 of the 555 using the astable circuit I posted above. Also put a capacitor across the power supply pins of the 555. 0.1uf should do it.
Remember that electrolytics have very loose tolerances (In the -20 to +100% range) so that might be why your timing is a bit off. To get something more exact, you can use this circuit which allows you to control the ON and OFF times independently:

Attachments

• 555.GIF
    6 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…