Fuel adulteration detection using ultrasonic sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot Mike for your reply also am sorry if i'll be asking a lot, am very new to the designing and i have this project to design i would appreciate if you advice me on anything i can do first to achieve the goal of this project

Thanks a lot Mike for your reply also am sorry if i'll be asking a lot, am very new to the designing and i have this project to design i would appreciate if you advice me on anything i can do first to achieve the goal of this project
Post a data sheet (or link there-to) of the sensor.

Hello MikeMl incase you have any idea on how i can do that project please help me. Where should i start, important things to concentrate on even the designing

Hello MikeMl incase you have any idea on how i can do that project please help me. Where should i start, important things to concentrate on even the designing
You can start by posting a link to the ultrasonic sensor you want to model. Follow this link, and see if any of those are similar.

OK, let me ask a question...

Poul, what property or characteristic are you expecting to detect in "adulterated fuel" using ultrasonics?

JimB

Poul, what property or characteristic are you expecting to detect in "adulterated fuel" using ultrasonics?

JimB
Maybe something analogous to refractive index in which the echo time over a known distance is determined. I was about to suggest using RI instead much earlier, but considering the communication problems Mike was having, I decided to wait until we all had a better idea of the assignment. I wouldn't rule out using specific gravity, as that is what it seems ultrasonic would measure, but I don't suspect it would be very sensitive compared to RI.

John

John
I cannot help but think that this is just another thread to nowhere.
The title does not adequately reflect the question.
The OP seems to stubbornly ignore questions which are asked of him.
Does any of this worry me? No not really.
JimB

How can i simulate ultrasonic sensor in proteus? any help!!!
The sensor will either have an analogue or digital output!!! Just use a button or a pot....

Your process doesn't need to know the full operation of the ultrasonic sensor just the output !! That's all you need to simulate.... Read the datasheet and find out the exact output and you should be okay..

JimB
Exactly am going to check the propagation speed of my ultrasonic sound because when the fuel is adulterated density as well as viscosity changes and since these parameters also affect the speed of sound i expect the speed also to change and that is where i will be detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…