Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full bridge power supply Transformer design

Status
Not open for further replies.

meysaminter

Hi ,
I want to design a full bridge powe supply transformer . I don't have any resorces or application notes aboat designing . can anybody help me with this?

Not a trivial project, I used to do it for a living. You will need to define the power design (input voltage, output voltage/power, converter frequency, core material to be used, physical parameters of transformer). Doing the physical layout of the windings may not be easy, it depends on the secondary current needed. Sometimes they use double or 4X parallel windings, sometimes foil. All depends on the design.

i have done it as well... as usual, a vague question... vague because the questioner is in WAY over his head...mind you flybacks are FAR worse!

While a hand wound switcher is likely to be inoperative much past audio frequencies, at least there is no precision gapping involved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back